Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Artist Stories: A Message for Beginners

art by tacticianjenro
This is a message for people who'd like to try and make art of their own.

First of all: Art is fun! The feeling of creating, for me is very rewarding and I hope that your interest to make any kind of art you prefer gives you that joy. I believe to create an image that was once only in our minds for others to see - it is both very powerful and amazing.

We all start somewhere. From a place of unknowing, and we further our skill and excel in that area of art. With learning new things, we confront the unfamiliar and step out to new places. If you are thinking of making art like I do, think of it as starting a great adventure.

It's an adventure where we are free to create what our hearts have been wanting to.

Back when I was a kid, I ventured into creativity with just a simple pencil and a notebook and drew my first ever character - Timmy. I had a passion for drawing and telling stories that were from within me at such a young age. And while I'm not the best out there, it's great to see that I have improved.

And to improve requires time and practice.

Choose one thing you want to be good at and do it. Learn from other people and observe what they do.
And there is no certain standard to meet for something to qualify as art.

And most of all, it is not about how much following you get. Don't worry about those just yet. Well, I know I'm not really that good yet so I am hoping to get better too.

This comic by Zen Pencils might also encourage you to go out there and do your best.

So, well, that's it. :) Thanks for visiting my blog! Don't forget to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment