Saturday, July 27, 2013

Create a Launcher Theme for Your Android Device

I just recently got a cheap-o Android tablet and ventured towards the colorful world of free apps at the Google Play store. Other than all this awesomeness at the palm of my hands, I couldn't help but wonder about the creation process behind it - the how - and thought if I could try out making a few things for the device on my own. With the tablet craze going around, it's surely a nice thing to learn about these things and the hype around the world to this new technology.

GO Launcher EX


One interesting app I've found is GO Launcher EX. One of the top apps for Android customization, you can fully turn your Android device's default launcher from looking like blah to awesome.

With more than 10,000 themes to choose from, fancy effects, gestures, it's the launcher app that's loved by many. The thing I love most about the app is how there are so many themes to choose from, and I felt excited when I found out that I could easily create my own too!

Creating Your Own Go Launcher Themes

Yeah! The developers of GO Launcher have a theme maker for their app. By registering to their website, you could create a launcher theme through their browser-based editor and be on your way to publishing your personal theme.


Here's a preview of the GO theme maker you can use by registering on their website.
The theme maker has two modes: Easy Mode and Advanced Mode. With Easy Mode, you can make simple changes to a pre-made theme. With Advanced Mode, you can take the level higher by customizing your own and changing all of its elements.

I haven't tried making a complete theme yet, but I am on my way to implementing that idea I've got. There are so many professional-looking ones in the theme store, so if I were to make one, I'm gonna have to do my best! Let's see how that turns out.

If you're an artist and have an Android device, this is definitely an interesting route to venture. Your theme could possibly be installed by the millions of Android users out there who have the app.


Check out the GO Themes Factory website here and start making your themes, or if you don't want to, you can check out the awesome ones other artists have made and set it as your own device's theme. :)

And to the developers, thank you for making this awesome app!


No comments:

Post a Comment