Thursday, July 11, 2013

Process: An Apple To An Artwork

What can you do with an apple?

And nope, I'm not talking about the guys behind the iPad and Mac.
A few months ago, I joined a vexel art contest on deviantART where the mechanics were to make a vexel artwork out of this apple right here. But before we proceed, try asking the question:

"If you were to create something from an apple what would you make?"

Well, let's see what I've come up with! Not that I'm proud of it.

The Gory Insides

 
Hmm... apple. May not be an accurate way to tell what's inside but this was the concept I thought of.
Using the pen tool set to 'Path', I used those paths to make the lines, fill in the red part of the apple, the leaf and that little stem thing.

More details revealing what I have planned for our apple. You can see the core of the apple right there, looks kind of like a cave... and then at the surface, you see something like land and water. Using the same tool for this step.

And Then Suddenly...A Wild Rainbow Appears

 
Looks kind of weird right now. What's that rainbow have to do with the apple and that sun? or is that a moon Also using the same tool for this step.

On The Inside

I've added a man, and a few frames hanging around inside the apple.

 Finished Artwork


And here is the finished artwork for the contest. It shows the young man inside a fresh red apple.
I'll leave you guys to interpret what it means.

I won 2nd place for this contest so..it's a really great achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment